Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Skink lot work

These are the latest batch to be complete. I will be working to post a few pictures on how I base them. Soon we'll be done completely with the skink and skink related models. Afterwards, I will be working on the Saurus lots I have. You can see that I have a lot to complete. What isn't in the picture is the Stegadon, and several Terradons I have waiting to be started too. All of these models were airbrushed with White Primer and then Ice Blue from Vallejo Game Colors.

This is the pre-dipped stage. I have painted Khemri Brown, Deneb Stone, Mordian Blue and Chaos Black all from GW Paints on to the base coats.


Each model is dipped in a wide mouth mixture of 1 part water and 1 part water based wood stain from a local diy store. Very easy and a lot cheaper than buying the stuff at GW or any other hobby store. I use a cheap water color brush to "pull" the excess stain off the model.


I allow the models to dry at least 2 1/2 hours. It varies upon the model but I usually don't want to touch them until the are 100% dry. I liken this step to a varnish. It really completes my models and I have yet to spray any varnish over them. Thankfully they dry with minimal shine and I like the look so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment