Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Skink Base

Folks, really easy. I can do about a base a minute. The DAS putty, the random tool that i push down on the putty with, and of course bases are all you need to complete. The biggest issue I always find with DAS is that it is not sticky except to itself. The second issue I have with it is that it's a race against time. If you pull too much out of the bag you will have it dry out on you before you have completed all your bases. The key here is to gingerly squish the small bit of DAS you have on each base, push it down with the tool, and then ensure it hasn't moved or shifted to much before letting it dry. I pull a little bit out in the size of a one inch ball and then tear bits off for each base. Like I said before, this takes about a minute a skink base and pretty soon they will all be done.

I hope that all made sense. Just keep it simple and don't worry about making mistakes because there will always be a way to cover it up later.

No comments:

Post a Comment